Friday, September 24, 2010

90+ Degrees All September!

Damn, YES! I love hot weather. Walking out of an air-conditioned building and the air hits you with an almost audible "FUMP!" ... that sound a gas burner makes when it comes on, the sound of hot air rushing in. Or you're driving and you see the heat coming off the pavement in little waves. Or you sit in the mid-afternoon stillness and realizes not even the bugs are moving, everything is staying still and trying to remain cool ... hell, I just drink it in. To be fair, I also like walking into an air-conditioned building from the heat and feeling everything become cool and clear, like glass almost. It's all good!

And while I am sure I would not like the heat nearly so much without air-conditioning ... I'd still like it! Dayum! 90+ degrees all September. I hear this coming Sunday fall will come in and probably put an end to the heat ... have to put up with temps in the 80s. Still ... nice while it lasted, and this year ... it REALLY lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment